Value-added translation backed by industry-specific knowledge
At SFM Traduction, translation does not simply mean replacing a word in French with a similar word in English. It means understanding your key messages and delivering them in a way that is both meaningful and impactful for English readers.
This requires a unique combination of three skills: mastery of the nuances of the French language; a clear writing style in English; and in-depth knowledge of your particular field or industry.
Your translation project, step by step
- We schedule a phone call with you to discuss your translation needs and objectives.
- You receive a detailed quote specifying the document(s) to be translated, the agreed deadline, your preference for American or British English, and any other special requests identified in Step 1.
- We translate your document(s) and send you any questions we have about desired terminology or rendering.
- You receive the translation with ample time to review it and send us any comments or modification requests.
- We finalize the translation based on your comments.
- We proofread the final English version of any materials that will be printed or published online.